NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Prize draw is sponsored, run and administered by Burberry Limited in the UK (“Burberry”) only and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any other third parties.
1. The entry period for the prize draw will commence at 12am GMT 21 January 2014 and will close the earlier of: (i) when each of the prizes is allocated to a potential winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; or (ii) at 11:59pm GMT on 17 March 2014 (“Closing Date”). Entries submitted after the Closing Date will not be valid.
2. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age to participate and resident in one of the following countries: Brazil, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Norway, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, Taiwan, UAE, UK and USA (each an “Eligible Country”). In Japan and Taiwan where the entrant is over 18 years of age but not yet 20 years of age, the entrant shall obtain the consent of his/her guardian before entering into the prize draw. If such an entrant becomes a winner he/she must present proof of the guardian’s consent before Burberry awards the prize to him/her. The prize draw is not open to the following: employees, contractors, agents or representatives of Burberry, (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”); immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouses of each) of the Excluded Individuals; and any other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
3. By entering the prize draw, entrants agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”), and by the decisions of Burberry, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners.
4. Entry into the prize draw is free, and is open to any person in an Eligible Country who requests a sample of Burberry’s new women’s fragrance Brit Rhythm before the Closing Date, provided that person meets the above criteria and completes the relevant entry form. The entry form is available:
- online via www.burberry.com;
- online via Burberry banner advertisements;
- online via the websites of selected third party retailers (the “Online Selected Retailers”); and
- in-store through a mobile immersion application available in Burberry stores and selected third party retailers in France, Germany, Italy, Korea, UK, US, Netherlands, Spain, Finland, Hungary and Norway via www.thisisbrit.com which will be hosted on www.apps.burberry.com.
For clarity, individuals who reside in a country which is not an Eligible Country (“Ineligible Country”) may also request a sample of Brit Rhythm for Women but will not be eligible to win in the prize draw. The purpose of this prize draw is to promote Burberry’s new fragrance Brit Rhythm for Women.
5. The winner must prove he or she is the qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to Burberry (e.g., driver’s license; government issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card (US entrants only) and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is the qualified winner or if, in Burberry’s reasonable opinion, a winner is ineligible, Burberry reserves the right to disqualify that winner and to award their prize to another entrant.
6. Only one entry to the prize draw per person is allowed. Any person submitting more than one entry may be disqualified.
7. No purchase is necessary but internet access and a valid email address are required.
8. There will be a total number of 10 prizes. Any person (whether from an Eligible Country or Ineligible Country) who requests a sample of Burberry’s new women’s fragrance Brit Rhythm before the Closing Date will be allocated an entry number according to the order in which they requested a sample. Prizes have been pre-allocated to 10 pre-selected winning entry numbers. A prize will be awarded to each eligible entrant whose entry coincides with a pre-selected winning entry number. If the winning entry number is allocated to a person who is not eligible to enter the prize draw (including if a person resides in an Ineligible Country), then the prize in respect of that winning entry number will be reallocated into the second chance draw, as detailed in paragraph 19. The pre-selected winning entry numbers are: 20,000; 40,000; 60,000; 80,000; 100,000; 120,000; 140,000; 160,000; 180,000; and 200,000.
9. Each prize consists of two (2) VIP passes to attend a Brit Rhythm event to be held in Shanghai, China on 24 April 2014 (the “Event”). Winners will not be entitled to a refund or an alternative prize if the winner is unavailable on that date.
10. The prize will also consist of:
Return (round-trip) economy-class/coach/ air transportation for two (2) (winner and guest) from the major commercial airport closest to the winner’s hometown that has airline service to Shanghai, either directly or with connecting flights on the same airline (at Burberry’s discretion). Departure and return must be to the same airport.
- One (1) night’s hotel accommodation at a 5 star hotel based on winner and guest sharing a room in a hotel of Burberry’s choice.
- Return (round-trip) ground transportation between the airport in Shanghai and the hotel.
- Return (round-trip) ground transportation between the hotel and the Event.
- A bottle of Burberry Brit Rhythm fragrance.
11. The prize does not include domestic transfers, travel insurance, spending money or incidental costs (such as baggage costs, meals, telephone calls, mini bar items, laundry etc) other than as stated in paragraph 10 above.
12. The total approximate retail value of each prize will not exceed the value of £6,000 ($10,000 USD). The total approximate retail value of all prizes is £60,000 ($100,000 USD) There is no cash or credit alternative to the prize. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash. However, Burberry reserves the right to provide alternative prizes of equal or greater value if, due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the stated prizes are no longer available. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Burberry.
13. The overall approximate odds of winning are 1 in 20,000.
14. Winners will be notified immediately via the channel through which they entered the prize draw. Winners will also be notified by email, and Burberry will contact the winner to make necessary arrangements for the winner to claim the prize, including booking flights and accommodation and making arrangements for providing the relevant travel documentation.
15. Potential winners located in the United States of America will receive a Release and Eligibility Agreement (the “Claim Form”), and other information required to claim the prize. All completed Claim Forms must be received by Burberry by 21 March 2014 (“Submission Deadline”). All completed Claim Forms become the property of the Burberry. All Claim Forms will be verified by Burberry. In order to claim a prize, each winner must complete the Claim Form which includes representations of eligibility, compliance and releases of liability, and a publicity release. Among other things, the submission of the Claim Form confirms compliance with these rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded and release of certain parties from any losses, liabilities, damages or claims arising from or related to the prize awarded and the prize draw itself. If a potential winner fails to submit the Claim Form with all information required by the Submission Deadline, Burberry reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner, and Burberry shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
16. The winner must be one of the passengers flying. Both the winner and guest must fly on the same outward and return flights. The winner and guest must both be 18 years or older to attend the Event and will each be required to show a form of valid photographic ID on entry to the Event. If the winner chooses not to take a guest, the second ticket will be forfeited.
17. Prizes are non-transferable, not for re-sale, non-refundable, and non-changeable. Prize tickets cannot be applied to the cost of any previously purchased reservations or other miscellaneous charges. Flight details, dates and times cannot be varied once they are booked.
18. The winner and their guest will be responsible for supplying valid passports and visas and, where necessary, for obtaining appropriate vaccinations and inoculations and travel insurance. Winners will not be entitled to a refund or an alternative prize and Burberry shall not be liable or responsible in any way if the winner is unable to do so.
19. If no entry is made against a pre-selected winning number by midnight GMT on 17 March 2014, or a winner is untraceable after Burberry’s reasonable efforts by 11.59pm GMT on 20 March 2014, or if the winner of a pre-selected winning number resides in an Ineligible Country, Burberry will conduct a “second chance draw” for any such unclaimed, reallocated or outstanding prizes. The second chance draw will be open to all eligible entrants who were not selected as winners before the Closing Date. The winner(s) of the second chance draw will be selected via an independently verified random process, at 12pm GMT on 21 March 2014 and will be notified via email by 11.59pm GMT on or after 21 March 2014. Winners will have 2 days to respond to notification to prove eligibility and accept the prize.
If any of the prizes from the second chance draw are not claimed, or the winner is untraceable after Burberry’s reasonable efforts, Burberry may dispose of the prize as it thinks fit (including without limitation by deeming the prize to be null and void and removing it from the promotion) without any liability to winners or other entrants.
21. Burberry may use a winner’s name, town of residence, and likeness for the purpose of announcing the winners without the need for any additional payment or permission. In addition, each winner consents to being photographed, filmed and/or sound recorded at the Event for use, broadcast and/or publication by Burberry or any of its affiliates or authorised licensees in the following media: online, social media, print media throughout the world for promotional, public relations, commercial and advertising purposes (including without limitation post event publicity) in relation to the Burberry Brit Rhythm fragrance marketing campaign and events for 3 years commencing on 21 January 2014.
22. By entering the prize draw, each winner agrees: (a) to abide by these rules and the decisions of Burberry, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and (b) to release and hold harmless Facebook, the Online Selected Retailers, Burberry, its subsidiaries and affiliates and the franchisees and affiliated merchants of each of the foregoing, all prize suppliers, all agents or representatives of the foregoing, including without limitation their advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, liability, loss or damage whatsoever arising with respect to the prize draw or the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize and further acknowledges that none of the Released Parties have made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee of a particular purpose.
23. Entrants may also be disqualified if Burberry learns that the entrant disparages Burberry during or after the prize draw. Entrants should be aware that Burberry retains the right to take legal action against entrants who commit libel or slander against Burberry during or after the prize draw.
24. Burberry is not responsible for printing errors in the prize draw materials or these Terms and Conditions. If, due to a production or printing error or other unforeseen error, there are more winners than prizes, Burberry reserves the right to award any remaining prizes through a random drawing of all eligible winners. No more than the number of prizes listed herein will be awarded.
25. The names, county and country of residence of the winners can be obtained by contacting Customer Services.
26. No responsibility is accepted by Burberry for matters beyond its reasonable control, and no refund or replacement prize will apply for any delays or cancellations caused by such matters. Burberry accepts no responsibility for any incomplete or inaccurate entries received or for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries or winner notifications.
27. Winners are responsible for any tax liability accruing as a result of this prize draw. A Form 1099 may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities for winners who reside in the USA.
28. Burberry will not be responsible for third party products and services offered as prizes (including without limitation flights and accommodation) and all such prizes may be subject to third party providers’ standard terms and conditions.
29. Burberry can suspend or change the terms of this prize draw at any time without notice if required by law. Burberry reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the prize draw if the prize draw is not capable of being completed as planned, including infection by computer viruses or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort beyond the reasonable control of Burberry, which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this prize draw.
30. If you have any questions about the prize draw which are not answered by these Terms and Conditions and/or any complaints please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
31. This prize draw shall be governed and construed by English law and is run by Burberry Limited, Horseferry House, Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2AW. Mandatory provisions of local law may also apply.
32. In respect of France, the following additional provisions should apply:
- These terms and conditions shall be sent at no cost to any entrants who request them by email to Customer Services.
- Entrants have the opportunity to claim for the reimbursement of any connection costs incurred by their participation to the prize draw. Any refund request should be made by e-mail to Customer Services indicating the entrant’s surname, first name, postal address and the date and time when he/she submitted the entry form, in order to allow us to carry out checks. Such request should be sent to Customer Services, by no later than 8 days after the closing date of each game period, indicating “Demande de remboursement de frais de connexion relatifs au Jeu Burberry” or “Reimbursement request relating to connexion fees to the Burberry game” in the e-mail’s subject line. Refund requests shall not be taken into account unless they are submitted by the entrant who participated in the game on the basis of which said entrant is seeking a refund of connection costs. Furthermore, by definition, a refund can only be granted if the entrant has actually incurred an expense, subject to legal action for fraud. Burberry reserves the right to make any such checks as it may deem appropriate, request any supporting documents and, if necessary, take any legal action. The necessary connection costs for participating in the game shall generally be refunded within thirty (30) days from receipt of the request on the basis of a connection time deemed to be sufficient to play the game (estimated at a 10-minute local call at the maximum applicable rate for each game period). Therefore, a 10-minute connection is deemed to be sufficient for the entrant. Only one request for the refund of connection costs shall be taken into account for each entrant.
- These T&Cs have been registered with the SCP BENICHOU LEGRAIN BERRUER Huissiers – 13-15, rue des Sablons – 75116 Paris.